Wednesday 29 August 2012

Back in England

Well I returned just over a week ago now and already we've bought a few kitchen goodies in a quest to make more meals rather than relying on bottled sauces for pasta and quick make noodles etc. We also went on a visit to Ely which was small, quiet and absolutely lovely especially with their food market that was on.
The food market at Ely (my own photo).


After getting an idea on stitches for an occasion, I ordered some more DMC threads. I do hope this brings my stitchy bug back. However I feel like I need to make some progress on trio of poppies especially as it is to be hung in our living room. Therefore apart from my little idea I won't move on to any other cross stitch designs until I've finished the trio.
I decided to buy "Let's get Crafting!'s Knit & Crochet" and found that there are some good beginner designs in there though a lot of it seems to be a theme of stripes! I'm struggling with crochet but I seem to be OK with knitting. My only problem with the knitting needles provided by the magazine is that they are made out of wood and seemingly it is harder to slide the stitches. I had done some knitting as a child and remember it being easier to move the stitches up and down the needle when they were metal. For now I'll persevere with the wooden ones and we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and all comments are appreciated.