Monday, 21 April 2014


Most of my stitching time this weekend was spent stitching a piece for an exchange coming up so I can't show you that yet. I did manage to put a couple of stitches into Trio of Poppies.

The majority of the overall progress since you last saw this piece was stitched before IHSW.

Please do not use my photos without my permission. Thank you.

Saturday, 12 April 2014

Minecraft pillow

I'm on a roll, 3 completed sewing projects in a month!

My younger brother has the minecraft bug which is a game where you build your environment using blocks. For his birthday I decided to make him a cushion featuring a well known character, Creeper. If you get too close they start fizzling and will eventually explode so it's best to avoid them especially if they're near any areas you are developing.

Anyway, enough of the waffle....

I did not use a pattern for the face...I'm very proud of myself. I did however use sewing instructions for an envelope cushion cover from ikea.

Please do not use my images without my permission. Thank you.

A Q-snap cover

I bought my mam a Q-snap for Christmas as she admired mine so for mother's day, I made her a cover.

I made it using a free tutorial. All tutorials for this project give the same calculations for working out the measurements but when making my own a while back, I discovered it was about 1.5-2" short for my Q-snap. For my mam's I decided to lengthen it and in the end it turned out better than my first one. I might have to make a couple more.

I've gotten further on with the poppies compared to the above photo but that will be for another post.

Please do not use my images without my permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 3 April 2014

Teapot cosy

I've had this and another sewing project cut out for a couple of days but only got around to sewing them up yesterday morning. The other project can't be posted yet so here's what I can show you.

It's the teapot cosy from issue 57 of "Sew" magazine.

It says to use the same pattern piece for the outer fabric (they suggested cotton) and the lining, fleece recommended. My only issue with this was that once sewn together the fleece was a little bit on the bulky side compared to the outer fabric. If I was to make another I'd scale the pattern down by a small amount for the fleece and see how that works. It still fits well over the teapot.

Please do not use my images without my permission. Thank you.