Friday 19 February 2016

2nd finish and a new start

I've set up a facebook page to complement the blog but I've yet to come up with a profile picture for it so I'll have to have a think on what I want.

The cross stitch crazy 2016 page on facebook is holding a series of SALs over the year, you could sign up up to as many or as little as you want. I signed up to their mermaid SAL and picked Little Mermaid by The Snowflower Diaries. I missed out on the first month as I was away so I started at the beginning of February but got carried away and have also finished it!

Little Mermaid by The Snowflower Diaries
I switched some of the recommended colours out, I used some of my ThreadPickerz silks, The silks I used were verdite, blue lagoon and burnt spice. They were an absolute delight to stitch with! I decided to omit the charted wording.

I started HMS Victory which is stitching up nicely, I have finished the water so it's now on to the hull which is probably the most complicated part as it's full of fractionals and horizontal/vertical stitches. 



My fabric arrived from Colour Cascade Fabrics in Australia and they are beautiful. Unfortunately, the mystery chart I had intended for the pink on the right has a lot pink within the chart itself so I'll have to find another use for it.


Unfortunately when attempting to make the fabric on the left colourfast, a lot of the dye has come out so is now a deep pink. As it was meant for a year long project with white threads, I didn't want it to bleed. Never mind, you live and learn.

I better start on the next chart for the Daily Cross Stitch SAL...I love how HMS victory is stitching up though.


7 comments:

  1. What a sweet mermaid! Is that a Heritage Crafts kit of Victory? I stitched a kit from that range a couple of years ago. The horizontal and vertical stitches are really effective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is the chart from heritage crafts...much cheaper than the kit! When I come back to those stitches I think "damn! I've done it wrong" :P

      Delete
  2. I love your Snowflower mermaid, she's so sweet!
    Shame about the fabrics but I'm sure you will find something suitable for them. And now you can go shopping again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Haha! That's certainly a good excuse although I don't know of anyone whose hand dyed fabrics are colourfast so I may just use the dark pink for the white thread project after all.

      Delete
  3. Lovely stitching! And those fabric colors are beautiful - I'm sure you'll find a use for them :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little mermaid finish :)
    Sorry about the fabrics, but I am sure you will still find a good use for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish! I've got some silks for a particular project, but I'm terrified to use them...partly because they were so expensive and partly because I've never worked with them before!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and all comments are appreciated.