Sunday 3 April 2016

Daily Cross Stitch SAL update and 3 sewing finishes!

Hello everyone!

I haven't gotten far with March's SAL project and to be honest I'm not feeling it either so I'm putting it aside for now and will get back to it at one point. I have put in stitches here and there on HMS Victory, it needs to be finished by the start of May...towards the end of April to be on the safe side when it comes to framing.
Gingerbread Zombie
HMS Victory 03.04.16
With the deadline on HMS Victory, I'm going to join in Justine's quest of 'Faithful April' which dedicates the month of April to one project. I'm sure I can stick to that.

Can you believe I've actually had the sewing machine out? It feels like it has been a while but once again it's now living on the table waiting to be used.

I made 3 drawstring bags, one to hold headphones, one to hold a controller and the other to hold a charger. I used a tutorial to find out how to make them.


Yes, one of those secret fabrics was Star Wars themed! I bought it from Frumble who have a geek subcategory although not all of there geeky fabrics are in there. The flowery fabric was given to me by a friend at Christmas.

I've also started on another duffel bag pattern, it's the last one on my to-do list. I'm about half way through with the quilting on the main piece.
Emma's Bloglet Facebook page

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're joining me for Faithful April! That's a lovely project too, I stitched a similar one for my dad's 70th birthday in 2014.
    Cute bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've joined the fun too :)
    Good luck with your project, I hope you can put in as many x as you can. Looking forward to your update at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I'm going to learn to sew, but I guess I need to get my sewing machine back from a friend first (she's had it for YEARS!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get it back, I'm sure you could have fun making projects with the Disney fabric that is out there :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely stitching! Great sewing projects too. I've been waiting to get a sewing machine. What kind do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a Janome SMD 3000, exclusive to a UK company (https://www.sewingmachines.co.uk/products/janome-smd-exclusive-smd3000/2378). I absolutely love it, I wish it had a wider gap to fit quilting projects in but not many sewing machines offer that nor do I do that many quilting projects :P The free threads and scissor set are great as well.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and all comments are appreciated.